It’s Going Down reported on the Likhts’amisyu Clan land reclamation project now underway in Wet’suwet’en Territory in so-called British Columbia on August 12.
Many of us in the environmental movement share a dream of a free society, in which people live together, caring for the land they inhabit. We imagine such a community as an autonomous zone, existing independently of the colonial, capitalist system we oppose.
I am pleased to report that I now write these words from exactly such a place. I now find myself by the shore of Parrott Lake, on a territory belonging to the Sun House of the Likhts’amisyu Clan of the Wet’suwet’en Nation. The exact place where we now camp was a Wet’suwet’en village site for many generations. In subsequent waves of colonial violence, the Wet’suwet’en were driven from this ancestral home. Now they have reclaimed it and are building a new village, which is be a place of cultural revitalization, of learning, of healing, and of stewardship of the land.Source: Wet’suwet’en Territory: Likhts’amisyu Clan Begins Land Reclamation
We are pleased to be able to share an update on the project, courtesy of sub.media:
We encourage folks who can to donate to the Sovereign Likhts’amisyu GoFundMe page, a link to which can be found below.
Here are some useful links:
- The Go Fund Me page is at: https://www.gofundme.com/manage/likhtsamisyu2019
- The promotional video is at: https://vimeo.com/332477793
- The Likhtsamisyu website is at: www.likhtsamisyu.com
- The Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/likhtsamisyu/
- The main email for people to reach the chiefs is:firstname.lastname@example.org
- The main email for people to reach the support team is: email@example.com
- To subscribe to the Likhts’amisyu listserv, please write firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself and saying why and how you would like to support current organizing efforts.
We also ask that people share the above links through their social media accounts and among their friends and comrades. Thank you very much!