As a grassroots collective, we know that not everyone comes to the table with the same experience, training, or access to knowledge and materials. While certain standards are kept, this is done with the intent and understanding of serving our viewers and the community as a whole. By encouraging best practices, our goal is to become a resource for Albertans.
With that in mind, the following guidelines will be in use:
- Canadian Press Style will be used to encourage readability. Examples of Canadian Press Style can be found here[hyperlink], and here[hyperlink].
- Text documents are to be submitted in .odt, .docx, or .rtf format to allow for editing.
- All authors submitting with a handle must also sign a submission agreement form allowing for us to run pieces. This would be a first-run-only right, with the author retaining full intellectual rights, including the right to submit elsewhere.
- Any graphs, charts and other files must be submitted along with the text file not embedded as to allow for formatting to web content.
- All images must be, at minimum, 1800 pixels wide with variable height. We accept .jpg, .gif, .png or .tiff file formats.